Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging
Dental cone beam CT is commonly used for treatment planning of orthodontic issues. It is also useful for more complex cases that involve:
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Dental implant sites
- Jaw and bone deformities/misalignments
- TMJ disorders
- Facial trauma
- Tumors and cysts
- Oral cancer
Benefits of Cone Beam Dental Imaging
- The focused x-ray beam reduces scatter radiation, resulting in better image quality.
- A single scan produces a wide variety of views and angles that can be manipulated to provide a more complete evaluation.
- Cone beam CT scans provide more information than conventional dental x-rays, allowing for more precise treatment planning.
- CT scanning is painless, noninvasive and accurate.
- X-rays used in CT scans should have no immediate side effects.
Your dentist at Lifetime Dental of The Woodlands uses cone beam imaging to make accurate diagnoses. Call us at 281-363-0500 to schedule an appointment.